WMATA is preparing to shut down three key Orange Line Stations from Memorial Day through Labor Day due to its 2020 Platform Improvement Project. While the shutdowns are still months away, Metro will begin closing surface-level parking at East Falls Church, West Falls Church, and Vienna Metro Stations to use the parking lots to store equipment and construction materials. Although parking will be limited, parking at Vienna and Dunn Loring Metro Stations will be free of charge during the shutdown.
Orange Line Parking Impacts Beginning March 15 at midnight:
East Falls Church
- The surface parking lot of East Falls Church Station will close completely
- The Kiss & Ride lot will remain open
West Falls Church
- The surface parking lot of West Falls Church Station will close completely in preparation for the summer construction beginning March 15
- The parking garage will remain open
- As reported by WMATA, parking availability will be minimal and is expected to fill-up by 7 a.m.
- Surface Parking Lot 1 will close in preparation for summer construction beginning March 15
- The parking garages and Parking Lot 3 (south side) will remain open. The entrances to these lots can be accessed from Saintsburry Rd.
For more information on parking limitations, click here to visit WMATA’s website. The Boro Connect will continue to keep you informed throughout the summer with more Orange Line news and updates.